Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 19: OMG! It's coming!

Holy crap I really can't believe this that it's my last full week of kinda sorta training. I've been at this shit for 19 documented weeks and I need it to be over. My body needs a rest man. I dont know about these people that run a few of these things throughout the year. Maybe it's like biking where you have to kind of break your ass into your seat, so your sit bones dont hurt like a mo-fo when you ride distances? Dunno.

Anyway, I submitted el gigante supergrant on Monday and so Monday night I drank beer and then passed out cold on my couch before 9pm. Woke up at 1am with couch fabric marks on my face. Cool.

Tuesday I went to trainer and ran for 2 miles. It was good. I felt better. I was still so incredibly tired, but I am going to get to bed early anyway.

Wed: non functional still. Skipped all exercise. went to bed.

Thursday: Trainer running FAST (8 min/mil) for 2 miles on treadmill. Then I splot and ran another fast 3 miles around my neighborhood. Felt really good and fast. NOthing hurt enough t report about!

Friday: drove to GR, MI to do house maintenance and drink beer, eat sushi w friends

Sat. ran my old stomping grounds of Reeds Lake. 4.5 of pathetic slowness. My knee was not cooperating (clicking behind knee is getting old!). Took about 3 miles to work out the kinks and then it was good. I think it's just fatigue still haunting me.

Sun: RECOVERY MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!!! 6 miles out at Ionia with Art. Was quite a bit more tentative than usual (grrr) as all the leaves dropped on the trail, and it was slippery from the rains on Friday. In the end, a good ride to work out the weirdness behind me knee, and to gain a few more bruises on my healing ankle, as i ENDO-ed in a big way in the last ,5 miles of the trail. I dont know wtf I did. I just laughed because I am a dork.

so I'm gonna chill this week- nothing more than 5ks, and nothing over 2miles on Thurs/Fri.

so 2+2+4.5+6 bike=14.5mi TAPER BABY. LOve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment