In honor of the beginning of the two week long taper, I'll keep this week's recap short. Mostly because I'm entering this a week later than I should have and cant really remember the week's events, outside of the fact that it was nuts as I was submitting my first ever R01 el gigante super grant. It's kind of a blur as I wrote the grant in less than 2 weeks, sfter staying up for 20 hrs or more every day for said two weeks. I cant do that shit anymore, man.
So if I recall, through the writing and healing from the freaking walnut incident (OMG the ankle was huge!!!! and purple!!!) I ran about 3 days, only 2 miles x2 and then a 5 miler on Saturday. Mostly I was trying to stay off the ankle as it wasnt looking good. I iced throughout the early week and elevated it as much as possible. I did get a mall lace-up brace, which helped a lot. I think the weirdest thing though was the lack of pain. Usually I cant walk on these when I turn my ankle and I am out for a few weeks. Surprisingly, the ankle deflated in about a week or so, never hurt except for the evening that I did it, and when I started to run on it again, after crosstraining through the week, IT WAS FINE! As long as I dont touch it on the sides, it's all good to go I guess. So I am currently making the call as to whether I am running with the brace or not.
Anyway, that's about it. I nearly killed myself on a walnut, on a grant submission and need to sleep.
9 miles total this week on the taper.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment