Okay so it was beerfest when I last left you. And that was a blast of boots and brats and sunshine and wind. It was a fine excursion except for the part where Carrie and Dave got lost in the Toledo Hood without a gps or a map. oops. And believe you me, the T-hood is not a nice place to be at 9pm whilst driving your big old minivan!
Sunday we all went for a hike along the river where we saw a hawk in the brush, about 5 feet away from us, ripping up this small rodent for lunch. It was crazy nasty and awesome at the same time!
Carrie and I went for a 2 mile run to work things out- kind of a delayed recovery run from the 15.5 miler. Mostly my hips were very tight from that long run and then sitting in the beerhall. Our run was a good one along the river and downtown. we had a good dinner at home and then I kicked their asses to the curb by 10am on Monday. I took Monday off from exercise- passing out at 9pm.
Tuesday: 3 miles running + 30 min personal trainer
Wed: no running today. I decided to do a crazy class at the Y called TRX strength training. It's straps hanging from the ceiling and you do all sorts of strength moves using your body weight as resistance. I gotta tell you the worst was the pushups while your legs were suspended in the straps. HOLY CRAP. I got 15 of them cranked out, and I had to take a break due to my arms being like spaghetti.
Thursday: ran 3 miles, then did 1hr cardio/strength training TRX again. It was really difficult. but good.
Friday: I went to my MI house to clean up the yard. Busted my ass for 5 hrs out in the sun. Went hot tubbing in the evening at the hotel with Cassie and Paul.
Saturday: Okay so here it goes. I decided to crank this day out, as I wanted to be back in Toledo for the evening. So last minute I decided to do my long run on Saturday up in GR. Did a mapmyrun and found a decent run through Ada and Cascade on the newer off street paths. I left at 8am and got back at 11am. The run was good except for the fact that I started to bonk at mile 12. I really did not eat enough through the week and then again on Friday after working so hard. I basically ran out of steam and the one powerbar I had with me simply did not cut it. Top that off with nearly choking on my powerbar at one point (I needed to stop to basically give myself the heimlich maneuver) and it was an okay run. I have to do a beter job eating the days leading into a long run (this week will be an 18-19 miler so that will be good practice!). But at least I know how to push through a shitty 5 miles. Thats right folks- 17 miles! Officially, that's the most I've ever run. But did I stop there? Nope. Got back to the hotel for a fast shower and chill and headed out at 2p to go for an 8 mile mountain bike ride with ARt and Wicked Pete. This turned out to be a fantastic idea- for real- as I felt great, not tired or sore, and I think it help me to work out any lactic acid or tightness. After all that, NO MUSCLE SORENESS. NADA! NOTHING! Even after driving 3 hrs home 2 hours after biking, it was all good. This was very encouraging. And the reward- I got to sleep in on Sunday. Well that is I got to go back to sleep after waking up at 6am with RAGING HUNGER. I had to scarf a bagel and immediately went back to bed until 10am. It rules. this was my best plan evah!
So the run tally:
Sun: 2
Mon: 0
Tues: 3
Wed: 0
Thurs: 3
Fri: 0
Sat: 17 run + 8 mile bike.
so running for the week: 25 miles. Count the biking and we're at 33. Not bad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment