Sun: was down in Akron for the weekend and went for a recovery run with my sister Margret after hitting it for 12 miles on Sat. It was a good leisurely run in cute lakeside hood. Stuffed my belly with awesome Indonesian and Dutch food whilst there. Cranked it out to Toledo late in the evening, plus one niece, 14 y/o Ally, who was enrolled in Aunt Katy Bootcamp for one week.
Monday: off from exercise but various crises at the lab. Brought Ally into the lab and then we went to lunch and a movie- G Force. Not porn. It was the Guinea Pig movie. Then we hit the Greek deli for dinner. Walked a mile or so around the hood. Crashed HARD that night!
Tuesday: So since Ally is 14, she sleeps until 10:30 and then requires an hr of inline time to catch up with what shit has gone down overnight. I use this time to got to the lab and deal with more crap. Upon returning home about noon, gather up the kid and we are gonna hit the train for 3.3 miles prior to personal trainer session. Despite my threats to be ready to run 2 miles, that wasnt to be, so Ally adopted the run-walk approach of run 3 min/walk 2 min. I did it for a mile with her, and then I just had to ditch her and get in a loop and a half of running while she walked the loop. Caught up to her again, and we got the run walk back on for the last 1.3. Personal trainer was pretty damn funny as Ally said she hadnt used those muscles in forever. Another mile there on the treadmill. She passed out hard that evening, after computer time to tell everyone how much I sucked. She did not like the push ups or plate pushes.
Wed: We are running again, this time along the river. Ally was dogging it this day and was crying a bit that she couldnt do it. Her attitude quickly changed when the bare-chested high school cross country team came running past us. She perked up and picked up the pace. We did run-walk again and she did a good job there. 3.5 miles there.
Thursday: We are running and doing personal trainer today again. We are doing projects around the house first and only get to do 1.5 miles prior to personal trainer. We get a good clip on though at PT. Another 1 mile on the treadmill. Then we went to teh farmers market and I wailed on her sore arm since there was a VW bug. Sorry kid that's the rule. She did not enjoy that.
Friday: This should be an off day but since the heat of Hades is a comin', we decided to hit the trail for 13.1 miles (I run it, se bikes it). It was damn hot in the late afternoon, and especially out on the prairie. Whatever I did, I need to keep doing it as I was running a 9:30/9:45 clip with only 4 1-minute walking intervals over the entire 13 miles. I felt great. I have now completed a half marathon and minimal aches and pains. I can definitely do this, barring any injuries or burnout. We celebrated with Chili Cheese Dogs and beer (me anyways).
Sat: off. My mom and sister come in for a visit and to pick the kid up so just walking a mile in the hood after having a burrito.
So the tally: 2+1+4.3+3.5+2.5+13.1+1=27.4miles!
This week will be tricky as I am traveling to San Diego for a conference and I need to get in a 14 miler over the weekend. Wish me luck on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment