Monday, August 3, 2009

Week 9: HOW many more miles do I have to run?!!

Okay, so when we left off, I was limping around from my last long run in my crappy shoes, and I had just dropped a bundle on my new shoes...

the changes are astounding. Knee pain is virtually gone, shins are back baby and calves have been worked over thoroughly. Of course, some of this happened via a thorough beating from my masseuse. Once a month I get a massage due to some severe neck tension problems I've developed over the last year. My regular dude wasnt there this past week, so I went with a young woman who was strong as an ox and put the beat down on my muscles. I was cringing in, well in pain, but it was working all the crap out from the prior days long Sat run- so it was all worth it in the end. She did some insane neck stretches on my too that scared me but again, kinda worked things out for me. I am going with this woman again after an excessively long run.

So I got my massage and cleaned out my old crappy apartment and moved the last load of stuff on Sunday. So no running. Supposedly that was a rest day, but you be the judge. I was done by 8pm I think. The good news is that I hit the store and scored some new spanky running gear so I can thro out some of the cotton tank tops that are getting quite skanky. My new look rocks. I am even running in pink shirts!

Monday I took the new shoes for a test drive and I dropped back into 9:30 territory immediately. 5 miles.

Tuesday I ran outside again- 3.5 miles. Then hit PT session for 30, with another 1 mil or so.

Wed: Off. I had some faculty function and so I ate Indian fud instead. Good call for me.

Thursday: Made up for my Wed off by running 4 miles, then PT for 30 min. Maybe 1 more mile during PT.

Friday OFF. went home after work (5pm!!!) and ate chicken wings and drank beer. I think I was in bed by 10pm, I was so whipped.

Sat. Got up. Not feeling the running love. Gotta get my arse in gear though as I need to drive 2 hrs to Cleveland to pick up my niece for her weeklong visit to Ohio. Finally get out the door by 10:30 and nail the 12 miles. Felt great. Ran my meadow run again to give the joints a break again and twas a good strategery! I ran up this bluff (real slow like) to check out the monument for the battlefield from the 1790s that I was running on. The overlook was phenomenal! There was some wedding going on over in the corner by the swampy lake and a blue heron was chilling on its banks. I dod my walk-run with 12-14 minutes of running to one minute of walk, except for 60 minutes in when I took 3 min to walk and chow down on a powerbar and chug a lug some water.

Got back to the house, stretched and snoozed after cleaning up. It was all good, except I was feeling really dehydrated. I drank a 40 oz diet soda on the way down to Cleveland and didnt have to pit stop for 4 hrs. Dehydrated much?

So tally
5+5.5+5.0+12miles=27.5 miles.

Getting there folks. I have now surpasses in one week what I need to run in one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment