Saturday, June 6, 2009

Week 1 training

okay, so I just completed the first week of training for the (half) marathon. More on the parentheses later...Anyways, this week I ran:
Sun 3.5 mi
Mon: day from hell working on grant pre-application for 12 hrs (so off)
Tues: personal training for 30 min, then 3.5mi running
Wed: 3.5 miles running, then 60 min step class
Thurs: personal training from hell, with intervals on the treadmill up to 6.3 min/mile pace- wtf!
Fri: drink beer
Sat: 60 min in the pool for class (>1500m) then 50 min running

so I am pretty tired now from all this. But I fell a lot better and it may sound silly, but this goal for October 18 gives me something to take my mind off how much my job sucks and how much I hate being on my own away from family and my friends in Ohio. Weird. 

Anyway, gotta try to stick to the program over the next few days. I have to review grants for DOD down in VA for the next few days so I will have to sneak in my runs in the mornings or evening and i hate treadmills!

k, where the hell did i put the tylenol pm. 

PS: I have a secret: The parentheses up above- it's because I am not doing the half-marathon. I am doing the whole damn thing. I am trying right now to keep it on the low-down until race day gets closer and I know I can do the whole and not half. 

1 comment:

  1. dude - you're gonna have to commit sometime...and comparing your training schedule to mine, you'd damn well better run the full thing, cuz there ain't no way we could run the half together (and by together I mean physically together).

    ReplyDelete