Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week 4- one month down! How many more?!

Geez I am flogged after this week. It was hot, I was busy at work and I am MOVING next week! Got new diggs over in Perrysburg, next to the Maumee river. So I am trying to balance work, working out, training, and packing. And throw in a weekend trip to run a 10k with my friend Jenn, and a social mountain bike ride later that same day with Art, and I am beat.

So this week:
Sunday: mountain biking with Jenn and Art. Cut a little short (5mi) due to the former and latter being hung over and/or taco-ing their front wheel. You guess who did what.

Monday: OFF. BLESSED BE SWEET JESUS.

Tuesday: Personal trainer session preceeded by 7 mi run inside on treadmill since it was redunkulously hot outside.

Wednesday: Ran 6.2 miles inside again due to Hades-like heat outside.

Thursday: Personal training with sprints again. Maybe another 2 miles running.

Friday: BLESSED BE. OFF AGAIN.

Saturday: 10k Reeds Lake Run with Jenn. It was damn hot still and they totally blew with the water station. I just felt OFF so decided to screw it and run a 9:30 mile. I was never able to get my breathing under control and had all sorts of shit rattling in my lungs, due to the fact that I am allergic to Michigan and Ohio. I had to spit a lot throughout the race, just to clear my lungs. I almost hit this one guy during the race as he sprinted up behind me. I got the "yo, bitch" look from him, which was awesome! Jenn smoked the damn Hall Hill. I kept her in sight until she sprinted Speedy-Gonzalez style at the end. I think I was 58:58 or so which is fine. After all, I am training at a 10min/mi for this marathon, since there's no way in hell I can maintain anything faster for 26.2! So Jenn, myself, and Carrie Gabriellese celebrated out finishes at the post race party. Maybe for a little too long, since when I got back to my car (1 mi away) and went to the high school to shower up, the women's locker room was closed. So I cleaned up as fast as humanly possible- in the men's locker room, which was vacant and open.

Then I ran a few errands and chilled in the cool library in EGR. Met Art for 7.5 mi mountain biking at Cannonsburg Game Area. It was awesome, if not a bit humid and tropical. Oh well, I had already sweated 10# off in the morning, so what was another 5#. Beer was the reward, as well as a 3hr+ car ride home, with a 20 min pit stop in MI somewhere. That was classic since I fell asleep with a towel over my eyes, so they couldn't identify the crazy dirty/smelly/sweaty lady all passed out in her car with her mouth wide open at the rest stop.

So what the hell does that make:
running: 7+6+2+6.2= 21.2 mi
biking: 5+7.5=12.5

so from here, look for it to begin to kick into higher gear with the mileage!

1 comment:

  1. no wonder you are so tired now! that's a LOT for one week!!! you are a machine! these next three months or so are going to be VERY interesting...I'm scared already!

    ReplyDelete