So Sun I did 5 miles at a 9:30 or so pace
Monday off
Tuesday I worked with my personal trainer and did my sprint intervals on the treadmill at 6min/miles. And I got my ass kicked during the weight training session. Then I ran another 4.5 miles.
Wed I ran 4 miles and then did my 60 min step-crazy-weights-bands class.
Thursday I worked out with the personal trainer again, doing my sprint intervals and massive amounts of upper body stuff, including 15 pullups (yes, you read that right)
Friday it pissed down rain, but then stopped for 3 hrs- so I went for a run after work. Perhaps a bad move since it was 85 degrees and 90% humidity. Walking from my car to the trailhead (100yds) made me sweat my clothing through. I ended up doing 6 miles, at a piss poor 10+ min/mile, but screw it since I freaking finished and dropped 10# in water weight! I ran with a water bottle again and I think this is what had screwed with my shoulders big time, as I clench the bottle really hard. So I had to strategerize how to fix that before it got out of control.
Saturday: Went to GR for FOUNDERS FEST so this was my off day for sure. I would call this a massive carbo loading session when all was said and done. Much fun. Before Founders, I went to the running store and bought a new water bottle that is curved like you hand and attaches via a spandex-y strap that goes around the back of your hand. So no more gripping, or having to have the masseuse jump up and down on my back to unwind my muscles. I am still sore from that!
so tally for the week is: 5+0+4.5+4.0+6.0 : 19.5+my personal training sprints (probably a few miles extra)
Oh and the side-stitch: It is a massive cramping under your right rib that causes you to have to stop dead and try to work it out. I thought it was dehydration (so I nearly pissed myself from drinking too much h20) but turns out I am a shallow breather and I also breathe in on my right step (should be left). Deep breaths, occasional exhalation through pursed lips and more corrections of my idiot tendencies should help.
Anyway, 10k is Saturday and we'll see how that ends up!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment