Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 6: Death by Sweat- RIP ipod Shuffle

Okay, so where the heck did we leave off. I guess it was last Saturday. I had a really good long run over the 4th holiday and caught up on some much needed rest. This is really very important for me since I have figured out that with my fat ass I have a lot of potential energy and can run till the cows come home if I keep my mind occupied. That's why I like to find all these new runs along the River AND why I wear an ipod. I've been meaning to re-load my ipod with some swanky new muzak though, especially some techo tunes like what my friend Rich has previously given me (sound track from Run Lola Run- try it out, but substitute Kate for Lola). I've gotten kinda bored from a lot of the music on the pod, except for some fun stuff my friend Steve gave me (Pirates of the Caribbean and flight of the bumblebee) and of course, some BLue Oyster Cult "Dont fear the Reaper"...okay quick side story about that song. I was as mile 15.1 on the 25k last year when that song came on. NOt the freaking song you want to hear while finishing up your race!...

Anyway, here's my advice to you all re: technology- it is not designed to be drenched in sweat. I was doing a lovely make-up run on Monday (for a missed Sun run) and I was cranking it out when the damn thing went whirwhirwhir and all of a sudden Daughtry went all Barry White like and died a painfull death. Buh Bye ipod. Since the new ipod shuffle gen 3 is a waste of money (apparently its very sensitive to sweat) AND it talks to you (this fact creeps me the frig out), I forked over the cash for a new 45$ 2nd generation shuffle. Now I have to figure out where the least sweaty part of my body is to clip it to...all of you can shut up now.

So the rest of the week was about learning to run without distractions, and it was decent. I am trying to focus on the breathing and the heel toe, and this was the week to do it!

So for the week:
Sun : off
Mon: 4 mi
Tues: 30 min weights w my trainer; 4.5 mile run + 1.0 during training
Wed: 4.5 mi
Thurs: 30 min weights + running w my trainer- 1.0 mi
Friday: OFF
Sat: 8.5 mi around Reeds Lake in the sunshine- 2 laps, one on my own, one with Jenn.

some great critters spotted around Reeds including a snapping turtle, a muskrat and some mother duck and her ducklings all lined up on a log. I rewarded myself with sushi and margaritas at carrie and Dave's in the evening and then PASSED out on the couch at 10:30.

So the total: 4+5.5+4.5+1.+8.5=23.5mi
just think, if I ran another 5k, that's what I would need to run to complete one damn marathon. In one day.
I am screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment