You see I was moving from an apt into a nice little house this week, and I hadnt really done much packing. I hired movers since all my strong guy friends are back in Michigan, but you still have to pack all the shit for them to move. And apparently I have a lot of shit.
So Sunday was my off day, since I was quite flogged from running and biking and driving in one day. Try running 6.2, biking 7.5 and driving 180mi in the span of 12 hours and you tell me how you feel. SHITE. That's one descriptor. I used Sunday as a opportunity to pack my car up full and bring a load over to the house.
Monday was much of the same sentiment. I was non-functional in the lab by 2pm, so, being the boss, I went home and took a 2 hr-ling nap. It was exactly what the Dr. ordered (and I am a Dr, not just on tv)
Tuesday my personal trainer cancelled, which was fine, since I was still not very functional, due in part to not getting any sleep for a few days (stress in KTE= wicked insomnia- a new fun fact about your friend Kate). But I decided I needed to run, so I put the hammer down on 4 miles at a good 9.5 min/mi. My lungs are still full of garbage, and this is getting really old, man.
Wed I moved and while the movers moved big stuff and a lot of boxes, this did not mean I was sitting back eating bonbons. I filled my car up again with little stuff again and supervised the move. I started at 5:30am and ended at 4am the next morning (again too wired to sleep). So you kow this is going to be bad...
Thursday I took the day off from work to move in. Well I was moving furniture around all day on my own, wedging stuff with my thigh and knee, which was a bad freaking move as I heard the most major POP from my right knee. WAAAAAY louder than the normal protests. This worried me quite a bit, since my knees were already very shagged out from the move. But I went to my training session, and despite the tiredness, cranked out pullups like crazy and did dips with vigor. But I decided to bail on the make-up run, seeing as I bailed on the Wed run.
Friday was supposed to be off, but screw it! Slept in, moved more furniture around, unpacked boxes and hit the trail to test my aching knees out. They were starting to hurt. Wobbly 0.3 miles ensued and then I tore it up for 4 mi to my surprise! Knees are fine folks. I rewarded myself with beer and fireworks that night, sitting with my neighbors outside doing both. Here's the thing about my neighbors that I met last night. I felt like I was in a scene from the movie Cocoon, but scene from before when they swim in the pool of youth. It ws 30 minutes of repeating everything they said 1 minute ago, "what"s, "ehh"s and "what's your name again". One was so hard of hearing they thought I actually lived with Sid Vicious, my significant other. The punk rock icon of the 80s apparently is alive and well in suburban Perryburg, Ohio, according to these guys.
Sat was a long run, and I was finally starting to feel like I was catching up on my rest. Boy it feels sooooo lazy to me when I do that, but screw it and my critics. I napped not only in the morning before I ran, but also in the afternoon after I ran. So I ran a new run this time, from my new house over across the bridge and the debris from last night's fireworks. Then I hit the Toepath for a few miles along the River, then up to the River Road and then stopped at a Nature preserve for 5 minutes to check out the park. Upon return, it was cool since the Fort Meigs on the other side of the River was shooting off their cannon and doing 21 gun salutes. I had a bird's eye view of that and I completely forgot the fact that my last mile was all uphill at a fairly ridiculous angle! So I clocked in 8.0 miles + some nature hiking. That run was, gasp, enjoyable and I completely forgot about my breathing. What this taught me is the importance of rest. Missing one run will not kill me. 8 hrs of sleep and a nap is priceless man!
Tally for the week:
0+0+4+0+0+3.5+8.0=15.5
A lot less than last week's 20+, but that 8 miler was at such a comfortable clip, I could have run for another hour without a problem. Note to self: REST!
No comments:
Post a Comment